Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum is the first and only microbiome company to apply the discoveries of high-resolution, long-read DNA sequencing to the development and commercialization of microbiome interventions targeting specific diseases. Its flagship product, Pendulum Glucose Control, is the only Medical Probiotic clinically shown to reduce A1C and blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Pendulum’s proprietary innovation platform uniquely enables identification of targeted mechanisms of action and rapid translation from discovery and development through human clinical validation. Founded in 2012 by a diverse team of scientists with deep microbiology, biochemistry, computational and clinical expertise, Pendulum has raised $57 million to date. The Mayo Clinic Foundation was the company’s first investor; Sequoia Capital led its Series B with repeat participation from Mayo Foundation, True Ventures, Khosla Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures and others. Formerly Whole Biome, Pendulum Therapeutics is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, please visitwww.Pendulum.co.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in individual transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally, and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Pendulum is seeking a Human Resources Operations Manager to join our company to execute the day-to-day HR operations of our growing organization! Reporting to our COO, you will initially be the primary member of our HR team, which will grow as our company grows. Our ideal candidate is very operations minded, loves to interact with people, possesses sharp analytical skills and a strong work ethic, and is ready to roll their sleeves up and make things happen.
What You'll Do:
- Own and manage all HRIS systems, including any future improvements and changes as we grow and evolve
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process, including identifying benefits and plans that will support the attraction and retention of high performing employees while also reflecting the company’s culture and values
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with Federal, State and San Francisco specific requirements are met and reflected in company policies and programs
- Create systems to track and administer leaves, and act as the main contact for employees taking medical and/or family leaves
- Manage benefits administration on a daily basis, including educating and providing benefit information to candidates and employees
- Provide support and direction to employees around interpersonal communication and job related interactions; offer support for other employee relations situations that may arise
- Work with Recruiting to conduct job analyses, ensure job descriptions and postings are consistent across functions and compliant; and create and send new hire offer letters
- Work with our compensation and recruiting consultants to understand how our banding works, perform analyses to support our salary structures and pay philosophy, and perform market data research to inform decisions around pay, promotions and equity
- Partner with IT and Office Management to plan and facilitate new hire on-boarding
- Implement off-boarding process, including creating documentation and conducting exit meeting with terminated employees
- Work with Accounting and payroll to ensure our employees are classified and paid correctly
- Participate in total rewards surveys
- Identify and administer employee trainings to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- 5-7+ years of experience in Human Resources at growing organizations, with a proven track record of increasing responsibility over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Psychology, Philosophy, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or related fields, required. Human Resources Certification; or Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources, preferred
- Experience with HRIS systems required; familiarity with Zenefits preferred
- Experience with - and working knowledge of - running an HR Operation in compliance with applicable laws, including experience writing policies and process documentation.
- Familiarity with current CA and federal employment laws, (FMLA, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with administration of benefits, on-boarding, off-boarding, and payroll
- Data driven, with a high level of comfort presenting analysis and information to senior management and staff
- Desire and ability to manage salary structures, and build and update pay ranges based on market data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and experience supporting employees at all levels of an organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in transparency and open communication
- Possess the ability to improve and enable those around you with a servant leadership mindset
- Extraordinary organizational skills, with high attention to detail, and exceptional focus on accuracy and accountability
- Take pride in your work and have the drive to not stop until the job is done!
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.