Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics™ (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers, and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development, and nutrition. We believe strongly in transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
The Manufacturing team is seeking a Process Engineer with plant start-up experience that will join our talented operations team to initially start-up, commission, qualify, troubleshoot, and maintain a new cGMP fermentation and fill-finish (freeze-drying and capsule) manufacturing facility located in the heart of San Francisco. Our ideal candidate is well-versed in fermentation science (preferably bacterial), fermentation equipment, cell separation processes, process development/optimization/control, validation testing, and cGMP practices. As our Process Engineer, you will be responsible for the scalability of upstream and downstream processes from laboratory scale to commercial scale. We are seeking an energetic, creative, and highly self-motivated team member that enjoys finding solutions for fermentation development while working closely with a team of manufacturing associates and microbiologists, as well as cross-functionally with the rest of our organization!
What You'll Do:
- Provide start-up and tech transfer support of microbial fermentation and solid dose manufacturing processes and equipment including single-use bioreactors, centrifuge, filtration systems, freeze-drying, gelatin capsule filling, bottle filling, packaging, labeling, and process utilities including clean water systems, process air and gasses, and waste systems.
- Provide support during commissioning, engineering runs and validation of process equipment.
- Draft SOPs and Preventative Maintenance SOPs.
- Provide training support for manufacturing technicians on new equipment and processes
- Provide troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance support of automated process equipment and facilities.
- Work with equipment and calibration contractors.
- Support tech transfer of processes between facilities and from company to CMOs
- Provide support for engineering and QA change control, and implement corrective actions.
- Work with the process development team in the scale-up of new processes.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-5+ years of GMP bioprocess plant experience
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Strong planning and organization orientation
- Good time management skills
- Works well within cross-functional teams consisting of members from a variety of different backgrounds and experience levels
Nice to Have:
- Automation and controls experience
- Experience with engineering design of fully integrated process operations in cGMP manufacturing facility
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.